Weird, right? But I’m serious about this. I’ve talked a few times about couponing and how I’m definitely not extreme about it, but if I can save a few bucks, I’m all for it.
What I have found is that Walgreens is, by far, one of the easiest places to do this. For two weeks in a row now, I have gone in with my list of stuff (health and beauty stuff mostly) and walked out saving far more than I spent. For examples, here’s what I grabbed this week:
- 2 packages of Huggies diapers
- 2 boxes of Tampax tampons
- 2 containers of Blue Diamond Almonds
- 3 rolls of tape (don’t ask)
- 6 bottles of body wash (again, the story is good, but too long for this post)
- 2 boxes of Snuggle dryer sheets
- 2 bottles of All laundry detergent
- 1 package of Tylenol Precise heat patches
- 1 bottle of Garnier shampoo
Total cost? Around $30. Savings? Over $60.
Walgreens is one of the few stores that will take manufacturers coupons on top of their own in-store coupons so much of what you can purchase there can come out free. Here’s a sneak peek at the Walgreens ad coming out in Sunday’s paper. A few things that are absolutely worth grabbing? Sunscreen, ice cream, hot dogs, Starbucks coffee, shaving cream, and cereal.
It’s a good thing I can save so much at Walgreens – Lord knows I don’t fare nearly as well at the grocery store.
Got savings? Brag about them!
Photo Courtesy of Walgreens